Saturday, March 16, 2013

spring ...

Spring has sprung in The Leverett House and I couldn't be more happy!

Even though we had a very mild winter, the brood and I have anxiously awaited the blue bird skies, warm sun and late sunsets!

As I type this, I'm sitting in my front yard, with my hiney and feet resting in the chipped red plastic lawn chairs left over from my college years.

Please ignore the neon white legs!

The kids are enjoying a pretzel and gold fish picnic on an old oak tree stump.



Sissy is sprawled out next to the picnic action patiently waiting for some table scraps.



Our front yard is littlered with a bike, big wheel, several pairs of muddied shoes, a soccer ball, a cabbage patch doll, some socks and leg warmers.
Even the dolls at our house don't wear clothes!

bh  hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhbb            
(and the Doodle Bug is helping me write this)



It is days like that that I look around and am filled with gratitude for the blessings in my life!

Dear Lord,
Thank you for the beautiful warm weather as it warms my body and soul!
Thank you for the allowing my family to experience another amazing day!
And thank you for the perfect setting for a lazy Saturday pretzel and goldfish picnic!
 
And ... please keep my crazy husband safe as he experiences his newest adventure today ... riding a motorcycle!
Amen

1 comment:

Lady Blachly said...

Amen!! And hear hear!! Life is good.