Sunday, May 27, 2012

A year old?! Already?!

365 days ago, I welcomed the most beautiful little girl into this world.



Little did I know my life would change so much as a result of the little 6lb, 13oz bundle of flesh that popped into my life one year ago.

Some of the little miracles from this past year ...

Her birth ...

Words cannot describe the joy and utter fear a woman feels when she sees her baby for the first time.  You suddenly are gripping a little person who grew inside your body for 9 months and are responsible for turning them into a good person.  It is absolutely terrifying!  And absolutely amazing!

Sibling love ...
I love seeing the bond and love grow between Nathan and Katie. I was blessed with 2 older brothers and there is nothing more comforting than knowing they will forever and always protect me and defend my honor.  I pray that Katie and Nathan have the same unbreakable bond that me and my big bubbas have.




Her baby-ness ...
I feel like I missed a lot of Nathan's firsts because I was too busy dealing with his reflux, colic and just waiting for him to be a happy baby.  Knowing that Katie is our last baby really made me cherish every single second of her baby-ness.  I told her sweet stories during the night time feedings instead of thinking about how tired I would be in the morning.  I was more patient with her fussing and tears ... or maybe the patience was a result of the medication!



 




No comments: