Monday, December 19, 2011

Bitchin' Kitchen Journey - part 1

Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring, not even a mouse.
The jammies were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that Santa would soon be there.



Nahtan and Katie went on to Marilyn's,
With pancake syrup dripped from their chins.
And Ma and Da-ee took the week off of work
With nothing to do but "a little housework"!

Yours Truly working the sledge!



It's been too quiet, the house needs to change!
A day in the life ... it's really not strange.
What was once a living room, will soon be a kitchen.
Ma guarantees it will be "super-duper bitchin'"!

Before: Living Room (you can see the tape outline of where the cabinets will be)


When throughout the house, there 'rose such a clatter,
Ma and Da-ee got bored ... that's the fact of the matter!
Off in the living room, they flew in a flash,
Cleaning out closets and throwing away trash.

The apprentice stayed up past his bedtime to help

A closet, a wet-bar, some pee-scented Pergo,
They demolish it all, to the curb it must go!
A sledgehammer, crow-bar and reciprocating saw,
That pile of trash was once a wall!



Ma and Da-ee rock out when demolishing
But need the pro's to do all the polishing.
They call in the plumber, carpenter, electrician too
Who will help make the space sparkling and new.




But alas the Leverett's need patience you see
As this is just the beginning of the "Bitchin' Kitchen Journey"



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG I LOVE the pic of you and the sledgehammer! I LOL'd!

And when I went over there to drop off the toys, I saw the tape on the floor...I honestly honestly thought that since it was in the game room that it was some sort of "hopscotch-type" game you were playing with Nahtan. I actually said out loud to myself, "Oh, this looks like a fun game!". I had no idea you were using it as a map for your new kitchen. Too funny!

Jo

Lady Blachly said...

Where have I been since all these posts?! This was the CUTEST post and I'm waiting with bated breath to see the end result!!! HURRY!

Lady Blachly said...

Ditto on the booty picture. Oh wait, I mean sledgehammer picture! Cute!

Becky @ The Leverett Life said...

Heather ... I can't wait until it's done either! But we are still a few weeks out from completion since we have to wait for the cabinets and appliances to arrive! I feel like I'm on my own HGTV show!