Tuesday, November 15, 2011

I'm a self-portrait-holic

Hello. 
My name is Becky.



I'm addicted to self portraits.


It all started when I was an insecure teenager.  
I wanted to be a model!  But my self consciousness prevented me from letting someone else take my picture.  


I could sneak into my room and snap pictures to my heart's content with no one ever knowing.

I practiced poses.
My "smizing" was spectacular!
My winky face was fabulous!


The drive to create masterful self portraits grew to an obsession when I purchased my first digital camera.

The options were endless!  I had instant results!  No more waiting for the one hour photo developing!

If I wasn't happy with the result, I could hit 'delete'.



The passion intensified in strength as the years passed and no one noticed the warning signs.

If I was within a 3 feet of someone taking pictures, I would cock my head just right, put on my "carmera smile" and pose. 
If I heard a camera shutter, I would push people out of the way to get in the shot.
Seeing a camera flash out of the corner of my eye would stop me dead in my tracks.



Having a precious family only worsened the addiction.  

How did I know the combination of their sweet faces and my delusional ideas of super-model-ness would create such a perfect petri dish for harvesting this addiction?!


Through the help and support of my dear friends and family, though, I am slowly gaining control of the Self-Portrait-ism.


In fact, there are currently 138 pictures on my Super-Duper-Dandy-Smarter-Than-My-Own-Good Smart Phone and only 121 are personal expressions of myself taken by myself.

The remaining 17 pictures look something like this.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so funny! The last pic of you and Katie is so awesome!
Jo

dd said...

LOL!!! <3 ya! dd