Sunday, August 7, 2011

Mah dacta appitmit … bah BaKatie Beff!

Mah dacta appitmit … bah BaKatie Beff!
(Translation: My Doctor Appointment … by Baby Katie Beth)

Hewwo!  Iz me!  BaKatie Beff!  I so eggsited foe mah fust bog endy!
(Translation:  Hello!  It’s me!  Baby Katie Beth!  I’m so excited for my first blog entry!)

Ma wii wite duh west foe meee …
(Translation: Ma will write the rest for me …)

I had a doctor appointment last week.  Don’t worry!  I’m okay!  It was just my 2 month check-up.  Can you believe I’ve been around for 2 months already?!  Time sure flies when you’re having fun! 


(Ma’s Note:  Sweet Baby Girl, don’t you mean to say “Time sure flies when all you do is eat, sleep, poop, spit up and cry”?)
Big Bubba Nathan came along too. 

He says he likes going to the doctor’s because they measure you to see how big you’re getting, they look in your ears and nose to make sure there aren’t any bugs in there and listens to the music in your body.  He especially likes it when he says “Ahhhhh” and they put a popsicle stick in his mouth. 

If he’s a super, duper big boy, he gets a sticker and ice cream.  I can’t eat ice cream yet.




When the nurse called me back, she measured my length, measured my weight and measured my head. 

I weigh almost twice as much as I did when I was born!!  And I’m getting smarter too because my head is growing too!

Apparently the doctor is a very important person because it took him a long time to get to my room. 

(Ma’s Note: I mean L-O-N-G!!  Like 40 minutes long!  40 L-O-N-G minutes with an almost 3 year old, energetic toddler and a tired 2 month old baby!) 
The doctor says I am growing like a weed!  But Ma didn’t need a doctor to tell her that!  She says the pain in her back and neck let her know how big I’m getting.

I had 3 shots!  And not the alcoholic kind!  These shots were stabbed in my thigh and hurt super bad!  But the shots will keep me safe from getting super sick.

The rest of the appointment was a blur.  All I remember after the shots was crying and then falling asleep …

(Ma’s Note:  Katie is almost 3 months old … I’ve just taken my sweet time typing this up!)
And Ma did good … she took some pictures with her handy-dandy phone to chronicle the event.

Ma and Nathan playing "Monster Doctor Hands"

Me and Nathan waiting for the doctor.  

Still waiting ...


2 comments:

Chrystal's Corner said...

Isn't that wait the worst? I almost wish they would leave you in the waiting room until the doctor is actually ready. My kids love the fish tank and can roam a little bit. Instead you get called back and quickly checked by the nurse and then wait for an eternity in that tiny room. Add an inpatient baby and one (or two in my case!) other little ones and you have got the makings of a true torture scenario!
Glad you survived the wait and the Katie was healthy:)

Shan said...

Oh man, I hate it when doctors make patients wait for a ridiculous amount of time. One of my son's doctors was so bad that I made a 30 minutes or we're out of here deal with him.