Thursday, August 4, 2011

I'm hot ... literally.

Unless you live under a rock (or the Pacific North West), you have dealt with the ridiculous heat wave that’s sweeping the nation right now.
Darn you, Julee and Rachelle!  Darn you all who live in the PNW!!

It’s so hot outside, the soles of your shoes will melt if you stand in one spot longer than 3.2 seconds.

It’s too hot to go swimming.  I have been in my swimming pool 3 times this year.  And we are actually paying a pool company to maintain it this summer.  Ugh!  It’s never looked better … but, unfortunately, being in the pool is the equivalent of taking a hot bath after a super sweaty workout.  Add the humidity and it’s like blow-drying your hair after the hot bath in a stuffy, steamy bathroom. 
Gah-rossssss!



I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I actually think cold weather is better than hot weather.  When it’s cold outside, you can add layers of clothing.  But, there’s only so much you can take off when it’s hot.  

My pool this past January ...

In the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex, we are quickly making our way to the hottest summer in the history of FOREVER!  

We have had 35 days of 100+ degrees in a row. 
Our electricity bill is astronomical!  

It was 92 degrees at 5:30 this morning.  
It was 103 at 10:00 last night. 
It’s supposed to be 109 today.  



I have nightmares of our A/C going out!  And then wake up in a sweat from the bad dream and think “OMG!  The A/C really did go out because I’m covered in sweat!”  And then I hear the sweet hum of the cold air blowing through the vents.

I apply deodorant to parts of my body where deodorant is not designed to go.

I feel like I’m going to suffocate if I’m outside for more than 5 minutes.

Every single door in my house is sticking right now.  Thank you lovely, parched, cracked Texas clay soil … I will be amazed if my houses’ foundation survives this summer.


When you look “Dallas, Texas” up in the dictionary, this picture pops up.



Have I mentioned it's hot?!


No comments: