Friday, April 15, 2011

Random thoughts (4/15/11)

Random Thoughts ... by Becky Leverett

1.  We bought one of those new fangled lap top computers this week and it's taking some major getting used to.  I'm not used to this freedom and mobility!!
2.  Sissy just licked my dress ... she's one odd taco!!
3.  Why are there different spellings for names that sound the same ... for example: break and brake.  I would hope the context of the sentence would be obvious to the reader if it was referencing a car part or a reason to eat a Kit Kat Bar.  ("Gimme a Break, Gimme a Break!  Break me off a piece of that Kit Kat Bar")
4.  I received BGL's bedding yesterday!!!  So hopefully it will motivate my tubby belly to finish up her room ASAP as I'm sure y'all are all dying to see the end result!!!
5.  I dreamed I was a truck driver last night ... Can you image me (I'm 5'1" for those who don't know me) driving a Big Rig!!!  And the song "I'm Driving My Life Away" was playing in my dream ... and now it will be stuck in my head all day long!
6.  My mama's health is improving every day!  And she's still smoke free!  Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts!
7.  I really wish stores didn't have 60 day return policies.  Long return policy timelines don't help my procrastination at all!
8.  A Facebook friend refers to his son as "Squid" ... it makes me feel so much better about calling Nathan "Turkey Leg"!
9.  Another Facbook friend posted "What IF the Hokey Pokey really is all it's about?!"  That really made me think ... hmmm.  I would be happy with that as long as I could be10 years old and in roller skates again!
10.  I have a baby check up this morning and feel like I'm playing hookey because I'm home at 7:00 on a Friday morning!

No Pics or Links this week as this fancy computer hasn't been 100% set up yet.

Written at 6:58AM in 14 minutes on Friday, 4/15/11 (it took a little longer because I'm at home and tending to my domesticated expectations while writing this)

1 comment:

Lady Blachly said...

Well I think both squid and turkey leg are kinda cute. I call mine Punks, which is short for Punkin' or Pumpkin but sounds more like Punk. I always hoped that anyone who over heard me didn't think I was that crude.