Saturday, April 30, 2011

The nursery ...

Ahem, Ahem ....

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you ... the nursery!

(Insert mental image of me doing a grand bow with an outstretched arm revealing the beautiful room ... now insert mental image of someone rushing to my aid to help me stand upright again!)

Let's not forget where this room was just a short 8 weeks ago ... the nursery before and in process.

And ... here is the after ...


The bumper, sheet and bedskirt were made by an amazing friend!  There is an insert in the black/pink/green dotted bumper of BGL's initials on a sweet green/white floral fabric.  The bedskirt (which is hard to see) is a pink/green/black stripe which matches the bumper.  The sheet is the same green/white floral fabric as the inset in the bumper.

The glider is a hand me down from Nathan's room (which was a hand me down from Shaun's brother and sister-in-law) and I re-upholstered the cushions in a fun pink/white dotted pattern.  I ran out of the pink/white dot before I made it to recovering the ottoman so I used the extra fabric from the bedskirt.  The little stool to the left of the glider was stolen from the garage (sorry Shaun!) and recovered in the extra black/pink dot fabric on the bumper pad. The rug and pillow are a super soft cream colored mohair.

For wall art, I created a "clothes line" with some jute and pink/green clothes pins.  The clothes were wonderful gifts from my shower.  And the bulletin board by the glider was found in Nathan's closet and recovered in a fun green/white fabric with green grosgrain ribbon.


And the window.  This dang window was my nemesis for a long time!  It is a very awkward size and very short.  I ended up hanging the long window panels (blackout, of course) 20" above the window to visually lengthen the window and found some great green/white wall art which filled the space perfectly above the window. The shelf unit is a leftover piece of furniture from my college days which I found tucked in the corner of the garage and is perfect for storing all of her girly stuff. 


The wall art above the changing table/dresser is extra fabric stretched over art canvases. And the changing pad is a sweet green/white dotted minky fabric.

Overall, I am very pleased with how the room turned out! 

Now, we just need a sweet baby to make it all complete!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That turned out wonderful!! What a lucky little girl!! dd

beckyj said...

Looks great! Love all the fabric choices.

Chrystal's Corner said...

Beautiful! I remember when we would get the babies' rooms done and I would just stand in there and stare at the empty crib and just try to imagine what it would be like when our newest little one would be fast asleep in that very crib...so exciting! I especially love the clothesline, unique and fun.

Shan said...

Wowee wow wow!

joannakitler said...

Love love love the wall art above the window. How creative! Looks absolutely perfect!

Stacy said...

It looks great!