Sunday, April 3, 2011

progress report ...

As usual, we've been super busy in the House of Leverett feathering the nest for the new wee one and there is a lot to share. 


(ahem)  

Ladies and Gentlemen, please take the next few minutes of your life to peruse the progress of "Project Pink"! 

 Thank you!
************************************************
When I last left you, the old pink room was stripped of all furniture, molding and popcorn ceiling ...
Shaun taught a very eager student the art of mixing wall and ceiling texture ... (notice the silhouette of the pregnant photographer??)

Once the walls and ceiling were refinished to a much more "this century" orange peel texture, everything was primed and ready for painting.

Painting was a team effort during Nathan's nap time (I painted the bottom half and Shaun tackled the top half).

Paint: Done!  Next step, install the chair rail and hang the new ceiling fan.
And since we like to train 'em young, Nathan of course helped!
A lot!

Then one Saturday morning, I let Shaun sleep in and decided to work on cleaning out the closet to make way for all of the super cute clothes the girl will wear!
And of course, I had my 30 lb helper by my side!
Notice the new closet door and pretty chair rail?
 We had every intention to re-use Nathan's hand me down crib for BGL, but it was handed down 1 too many times and broke as it was being transported from Nathan's room to BGL's room.  So, we did what any super frugal (aka cheap) people do and called around to see if there were any old cribs laying around!  SUCCESS!!  Our friends (the ones who gave us some of the clothes) still had the crib, mattress and changing table from their daughter!  It took a few weekends to coordinate the furniture move, but it was so worth the wait!!
Crib ... now it just needs the bedding (and a baby)
And dresser/changing table.
Hopefully having the furniture will help calm my nightmare of this baby not having adequate sleeping accommodations when she comes home!

Normally I like to end my entries with a poignant and thought provoking message, but this big belly is tired and ready to put her feet up after a long weekend!

Stay tuned for the next (and final) installment of "Project Pink" ... err ... "Project Green" ... ummm ... "Project Nursery" ... ARGH!  
WHATEVER!
... Just stay tuned!

10 comments:

Holly said...

It looks adorable!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! I just have one comment. Nathan appears to not like to be fully dressed most of the time. Ha ha ha. No shirt, no shirt or pants, no pants. Hilarious! Caryn

Stacy said...

It looks great! The new door makes a ton of difference!!

joannakitler said...

Love Nathan's look sporting a diaper, cowboy boots and sunglasses. So stinkin' cute!

Shan said...

Beautiful belly silhouette, and I love your assitant's ladder climbing attire!

Chrystal's Corner said...

Beautiful room...and great job being frugal with the crib:) I was cracking up at Nathan on the ladder in cowboy boots and a diaper, priceless!

Becky @ The Leverett Life said...

Wow y'all! I just noticed my child *IS* half naked in all the pictures! I promise he is always fully clothed when we go out in public!! LOL!
And I think the first picture is my new favorite "family" picture!

Kara Hoag said...

Those pictures of him in the sunglasses are so adorable!

visions unto myself

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

Beautiful room! Just wanted to drop by and thank you for visiting and following my blog. I really, really appreciate it! I'm following you back, CHEERS!!

Claudia said...

The room looks beautiful!! I also love Nathan's attire when he was "helping" :)