Sunday, February 27, 2011

progress ...

Yesterday my partner in crime came to the urgent realization that BGL will be here in as little as 10 weeks (if she has the same cooking time as her brother).

So, this is what my husband did between the hours of noon and 10:00 last night:
1)  Removed the futon from the office and moved it to the attic.
2)  Moved the treadmill and weight bench into the office to clear out BGL's room.
3)  Scraped the popcorn ceiling in BGL's room
4)  Removed the old intercom system from the wall and successfully patched the ugly hole left in its place.
5)  Removed all baseboards, window trim and door trim.
6)  Covered the carpet and window in plastic.

BGL's room (Before)

Yes, someone actually painted the room THAT PINK!

The Office/Workout Room


Lovely ... isn't it?

And it seems our offspring has the same passion for banging a hammer as me and Shaun.  Nathan quickly recovered from the tummy bug he had yesterday to help.
Notice Nathan wearing his protective eye-wear ...

But no shoes ...

Now Shaun is in the garage sanding the trim to prepare it for painting and reinstalling.  And this afternoon, once the boy wakes up from his nap, he's going to spray the walls and ceiling with texture.



Can I just say ... the.man.rocks! 


In the meantime, since my "condition" prevents me from partaking in any of the manual labor, I am busily planning the perfect nursery ...

The fabrics and paint color for the room ...
The various blankets ...

Don't worry folks, this is just the tip of the iceberg!  I will continue to update accordingly on all the happenings in preparing the nest for the new princess as I know all of you are just as anxious as I am to see the end result!



5 comments:

Lady Blachly said...

More more more! Show me more!

Becky, we are doing almost the exact same things and I'm am sooo not loving it. I just painting 40 someodd feet of crown point molding and I guess sometime this week I'll be painting the baseboards too. *sigh* But unfortunately my pink 3x3 sample of color that we loved turned into "that pink" once the whole room was painted two coats. Not sure if we're leaving it or repainting. Repainting sure does not sound like the best option right now...

Love your fabric and paint choices!! Can't wait to see it all together.

Leticia Bachman said...

I LOVE it! That fabric that you have (the stripes of pink, green, black and white) is the exact material that I have on Kasey's carseat! We have such good taste! I can't wait to see pictures of the finished product! You guys are just waaay too handy.

Are you going to have a baby shower? I better be on the invite list!

Courtney said...

Is Nathan wearing swim goggles? Cute :) I can't wait to see the finished product!

Becky said...

Thanks guys!!
Ticia ... Joanna's throwing me a "family" shower 4/18 ... I think ...
Court ... they are his beloved Winnie the Pooh sunglasses ... worn upside down of course!

Laura @ our messy messy life. said...

Nathan cracks me up!!! And, I am LOVING the fabrics! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Liza's room is "that" pink. It is ridiculous and we are going to repaint it as soon as Taylor forgets how much he hates to paint.