Saturday, January 15, 2011

Under Construction ...

As I type this, Nathan is happily napping and Shaun is standing in the middle of BGL's (baby girl leverett) bedroom debating whether we should tackle the project (scraping the popcorn ceiling, changing the light fixture, painting, patching and more painting) ourselves or hire a professional.  My obvious vote is to hire someone, but, who am I kidding ... we will do it ourselves. 
Projects like this is the glue that holds this team together.  I'm the brains, Shaun is the brawn, Nathan's the comic relief and Sissy is ... well ... in the way!  In the past 3 years, we have done renovations in over 7 houses and our hands have been involved in every one.  The real professionals had to be called in several times to fix our "oops" but we always try to save a buck and do it ourselves first.  There is always some sort of construction project that is taking place in our house and I wouldn't trade it any other way.
Before (Hi Shaun!) ...

After ...


Our house is a metaphor for my life ... it's constantly "under construction" and I don't see it being completed any time soon.  The most important project under construction right now is the little baby growing in my belly!

2 comments:

TheDearmanFamily said...

You made me laugh out loud about Sissy being in the way!

Keep it up. You know I'm interested.

Lady Blachly said...

Great metaphor! Be sure and take us along on the BGL bedroom reno!