Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Friends (Part I)

Webster defines the word "friend" as:  a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.; a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter.

I am amazed at the wonderful people that surround my life.  There is one group of people , in particular, who I could not function without.  These women are a God-send to me! We met while pregnant or shortly after giving birth to our 2 year old toddlers and bonded over the aches and pains of pregnancy, the tears of colic, the sleepless nights and the heartache of our babies' growing up.

The bond we share rivals that of my family ... and we have never met!


Each of them has touched my life in one way or another and I want to share my friends with you!

Don't walk in front of me, I may not follow; Don't walk behind me, I may not lead; Walk beside me, and just be my friend.
Albert Camus

The journey of life will take you in so many directions and put you in contact with people you never imagined.

RaChelle ... Sweet, Sweet  RaChelle lives in Washington and is extremely gifted in the cake baking and cake decorating department!  Her son Chad is 2 weeks older than Nathan and has a slightly unhealthy addiction to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  I often think that Nathan and Chad share similar DNA since they have so much in common.  Chelle has a very sweet heart and her house is filled with non-stop laughter whether it's from her, Chad or her husband, Ben.
 RaChelle has a family blog if you would like to know more!
One of her amazing cakes!

Silly Chad!


Cindy ...  Miss Independent Cindy is married to an Air Force man and lives in Nevada.  Between taking care of her 2 energetic boys, maintaining her house and going to school, she is always on her toes!  Speaking of her sons, Alex is almost 6 and Carter is a week older than Nathan.  Carter is a little escape artist ... I think he was Houdini in a previous life.  Cindy has an incredibly strong woman and not afraid to be a leader in a house full of testosterone!
I love this pic of her boys b/c it really captures their energy and spirit!


Rebecca ... My neighbor Rebecca!  She's a fellow Texan and actually grew up just a few miles from my house!  She  now lives in Houston with her husband and 2 babies.  Ally is 4 days older than Nathan and James is 4 months old.  Rebecca and I try to get together whenever she's in town visiting her family.  I remember the first time we met up ... I felt like I was going on a blind date!
Rebecca has a blog too! Click here to learn more!
Our first blind date! (December '09)

This past Christmas (Dec. '10)

I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and this group of mom's was brought together for a purpose.  Maybe the purpose was for us to just bond and share our lives with each other, or maybe it's something greater that none of us expect.

Shaun refers to them as my "crack".  I prefer to call them my "therapy" in that I run to them when I've had a bad day.  I rely on them for advice, especially parenting advice since we are all usually dealing with the same issues.  They keep me sane!

You can call them what you want ... I call them my best friends and I thank God for them everyday!


To be continued in "My Friends (Part II)" ...


10 comments:

TheDearmanFamily said...

Becky, I love it! You did such a good job summing up these relationships!

Becky said...

Thanks Laura!!! It is nerve-wracking talking about other people!!!

Claudia said...

I love it!! I had Glenn read it too and he thought it was great also. Can't wait to read more!! :-)

Caro said...

Well done Becky!! I love it too:)I'm looking forward to Part II!

Randi said...

Great job!! I love it too!!

The Greaby Family said...

Awww! I love it! I' m not sure if it's better to be "crack" or "imaginary"!!! Lol! I can't wait to read more!

Buffy said...

I love how you write! try to talk as nice when you get to me. ;p

Courtney said...

Awww, love it!!!

Amanda said...

Love it Becky!! Your doing great! Can't wait to read part two!! xoxo

Cindy said...

Great job and thank you for the kind words. :)